[Mgs] clutch question

Mike Duvall mike at duvallvideo.com
Sun Aug 23 15:45:43 MDT 2015

My MGA keeps getting harder and harder to shift.  I was wondering if the synchronizers are going bad.   Lately it seems like the clutch isn’t disengaging like their was air in the lines but the hydraulics were fine.  Then no clutch at all (sitting at home instead of the road thankfully)  The slave appeared to be moving adequately so I pulled it off and I have all sorts of play in the arm.   I put a wrench on the arm and it won’t release the clutch.  I can use a flashlight and see the throw out bearing move back and forth.

I’m assuming I have a bad bearing on the arm.   Any other ideas or suggestions for me before I pull the engine?

Thanks,  Mike