[Mgs] Fuel smell in boot/trunk

Charley & Peggy Robinson ccrobins at ktc.com
Sat Apr 18 08:21:16 MDT 2015

 From looking at the wiring diagram of the MGA I see that it doesn't
have a voltage stabilizer to feed the gas gauge & sender;  it depends on
the output voltage (V) of a terminal on the control box. I suppose
that's a nominal 12V but I don't know the  delta V. Either MG A or B
that supply V is going to vary a bit from car to car with the B being
better regulated and you have to take into consideration the condition
of the wiring harness, so I agree that each gauge should be calibrated
on the car.   Also, I've never seen a gas gauge whose readings I have
ever considered to be exact.  I see it more like a guide.

CR