[Mgs] '71 MGB/GT - radio?

dcouncill at karamursel.org dcouncill at karamursel.org
Tue Mar 11 09:28:36 MDT 2014

For the large plastic dash used in the North America market, early 70s,
there was a small speaker below the spot where the glovebox would have
been (glovebox was added in 1972) and it was covered and/or held up by a
dash liner. I still have a spare dash liner from a 71 or 72 MGB that I
might be able to locate and take a picture of later today that would show
the speaker positioning. I checked Moss and the closest I found was item
45 on this page:ht
tp://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29086
But that is a repro of some sort and may not have the speaker opening.
The speaker would have been small so the volume would have been limited.
Most people add in speakers either in the door or the rear bulkhead but
back in the early 70s, it was still a mono world with one speaker.

David Councill64 MGB67 MGBGT72 MGB