[Mgs] wiring gremlin in 70 MGB

davewillner davewillner at pa.net
Wed Jul 30 17:16:23 MDT 2014

Ok, so last fall my turn signal lever on my 70 MGB melted down, the end of the
lever started to melt. I did a quick replacement with a used one I found at a
show, it was for a later year (71+) as it didn't have the horn button. I'm not
sure if this is all coincidental or not, all my fuses are ok and in tack. The
battery has been going dead, the ignition key buzzer goes off when the
driver's door is opened even without the key left in. And the tach has stopped
working awhile ago, I think around last fall when I had the initial issue.
Today the signals just stopped working also. I just ordered the correct signal
lever with the horn button, but curious as to what to take a look at first?
Appreciate any insight and help, thanks

Dave