[Mgs] Brake Caliper Problem-Thanks

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Thu Jul 31 01:12:45 MDT 2014

It's a combination of the two things.  If you press the brake pedal at a
standstill, let go, and immediately turn the wheel, there will be some
residual friction from the pad that rapidly eases, usually leaving just a
gentle rub.  When driving the bearings have .002 to .004 thou end float,
which means the hub and hence the disc can 'wobble' a bit relative to the
caliper, and this tends to knock the pads back a little bit more.

But did the original poster ever come back with anything, I've not seen it,
but then I didn't get the original post either, just MGBob's response.  As I
said before the first thing to do with a problem like this is manually
retract the pistons and see how the wheel turns then.