[Mgs] OT - F1

Eric eric at erickson.on.net
Wed Jan 29 06:54:13 MST 2014

On 30 Jan 2014, at 12:15 am, Rick Lindsay <richardolindsay at gmail.com> wrote:

> Erik, are you working communications again in Melbourne? I'd love to be back
with you working again this year but alas, retirement has fixed my income. In
fact, I haven't worked an F1 race since the US F1 GP races at Indy. That's
kinda sad, especially since its just laziness on my part. Still, we both know
that when you work a race you don't get to watch the race.

Hi Rick,

I have seen a video of one of the cars going around - but what the heck can
you hear in a video.  From all reports we are going to hear a lower tone, less
screaming beast.  Maybe this will mean my hearing lasts just a little longer
(can anyone remember the brain-tearing CHAMP Car engines)?

Lets see what Newey comes up with. At least the new Red Bull cars arent as
embarrassingly  noddy.

Yes, doing Melbourne again this year, as always (with the Clipsal 500, V8
Supercars a couple of weeks beforehand).

Cant wait to get back ON the track and BESIDE the track.

Eric