[Mgs] Help - ether bulb

mgbob at juno.com mgbob at juno.com
Sat Feb 22 06:04:01 MST 2014

 Removal of those ether bulbs can be a difficult, and ultimately frustrating
experience.
 Have you, during your efforts, heard a soft pssst sound or sniffed a bit of
ether?  If yes to either, the bulb or its tube is already broken. Moma or
Nisonger are places to send the entire assembly for repair and recharge.
  If you think the assembly is intact, try the usual solvents, such as ATF and
acetone, PB Blaster, Liquid Wrench, etc.  Gentle tapping may help the solvent
enter the threads.  A bit of heat from a torch too, but have a helper keep a
watch on the gauge as you do this.
 Good luck with it.
Bob