[Mgs] Securing series 26 battery in the MGB

riverside at southslope.net riverside at southslope.net
Wed Apr 30 18:11:40 MDT 2014

I  was just looking at the same situation in an MGB in the shop.
I  will use 2 overlapping pieces of light angle iron of the appropriate
length, place them back to back
and drill two holes several inches apart.  A bolt thru one hole will act as
a pivot.  I will weld a small
diameter rod to the outer ends of each angle iron that will stick out about
one inch. Then  place the
angles across the battery and mark the pin positions on the sides of the
battery box. Drill holes to fit the pins, install the pivot bolt
and slide the pins into the holes drilled into the sides of the battery box,
scissors the angles
together and install the second bolt to secure.  A rubber pad between the
battery and holder will
assure  the battery being held snug.  Easy to install and remove and all is
secure.

Ron Sanborn
Multiple British , Italian , and other stuff.