[Mgs] What kind of tires are people putting on MGBs now

Paul Root ptroot at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 17:40:08 MDT 2014

So there is a nail in the rear right of my car. It's a 1977, I have Cosmic
wheels on them. 14 in.

The tires on it are 10 year old Kumhos. Which have been decent. I have a 5th
tire in the shed that I could put on it if the nail hole isn't repairable.
Tread is still really good and the rubber feels fine, and isn't cracked.

If I do go for new tires. The best local solution seems to be Discount Tire at
$400 or so for Kumhos.

The same tires are $58 each from Tire Rack. Figure $80 for shipping, and about
$20 each for mounting/balancing/disposal. The best part of that is I'd get to
drive up to Ham Lake and see Dwight McCullough. It's been a few years.

So what are you all putting on your cars now.

Paul.