[Mgs] HIF's

Monte Jane Morris montejane at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 07:15:37 MDT 2014

Thanks, guys.
I asked because I've lifted the pistons (the HIF's have a pin on each side
that you can lift with; I don't remember if the HS's do or not) and
released them and NEVER have heard the "clunk". Actually, I've not heard it
on any of the 3 B's I've had.

BUT, Rick has just told me why I never heard it. I never took the dampers
out of the carbs first. A little common sense (I guess I have none:) would
tell you that's what dampers do and I wouldn't hear the clunk with them in.
Whew, I wish I resembled a mechanic.

Thanks,
Monte