[Mgs] Goofy request

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 19:12:49 MDT 2014

Umm how about bumpers off an earlier  1800?
as far as I know the front end are very close to identical.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 15, 2014, at 5:14, Rick Lindsay <richardolindsay at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Friends,
>
> This is a goofy request for perhaps the strangest reason to date! Please
read on. Thanks.

> My '73 Volvo 1800ES is a quirky 2-door sport wagon. Being a product of the
early 70s, it has bumpers big enough to fit a river ferry! They're dreadful
and destroy the lines of an otherwise graceful design.

> On a lark, I tried something silly. I took the new front bumper blade from
my '53 TD and held it up to the rear of the Volvo. It fit beautifully! Small,
elegant and easy to mount. It's an incorrect solution to an ugly problem but
as long as the original boat bumper stays with the car, in storage, all is
good.

> Now for the other end; Like many cars, including the TD, the Volvo body work
is a little wider in the front, than in the rear. The track is the same just a
wider body contour. And that difference makes the TD bumper a little too short
for the Volvo front. Therefore, I need a slightly wider bumper blade of
similar shape. Any suggestions? The MGA bumpers have a different profile but
what about chrome bumper Bs? Are they a simple blade? If so, can someone
measure the overall length for me please? Thanks.