[Mgs] Clutch problems.

Barney Gaylord barneymg at mgaguru.com
Mon Nov 18 23:06:39 MST 2013

If the friction disc is installed backward, the center hub with
springs will foul on the flywheel bolts, and the clurch will not release.

If a new spigot bearing was installed, and the ID is a smidge too
small, it will bind on the gearbox input shaft.  In this case the
clutch does release, but the input shaft keeps spinning same as if
the clutch didn't release.

In any case. if the slave cyliner pushrod and release arm moves at
least 1/2", and it still doesn't release, the engine has to come out
to fix the clutch.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com