[Mgs] TD build

Rick Lindsay richardolindsay at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 06:14:04 MST 2013

Hi Friends,

All engine work/tuning on my TD is on hold until my distributor gets rebuilt. Timing jumps around as much as +/- 8-10 degrees! The shaft 'feels' okay but the advance mechanism is really worn and loose. I'll do a compression test but done on a cold engine is less than ideal. I'll report the numbers here.B

As I reported earlier, the wings, running boards and aprons are at the painter. Expected turn-around is about 7-10 days. Cost is quite reasonable.B

I believe it time to pull out the old seats and prepare them for new upholstery. B It will be a refreshing change.B

-rick