[Mgs] XPAG engine + gearbox weight

mgbob at juno.com mgbob at juno.com
Fri Mar 15 18:12:23 MDT 2013

Rick,   Engine and gearbox have been thought to weigh approx 450, though
someone recently weighed the assembly and found it somewhat less.   500 lbs
capacity is the smallest chain hoist I have seen. It would do the job and
could be handy for picking up the lawn mower for its maintenance, unless you
move north, in which case it could pick up the snow blower for maintenance
also.   Engine lifting cranes are much easier to use. HF is currently offering
a folding one at $180, and its levelling device for $35.  Might someone in
your club have one you could borrow?Bob