[Mgs] alloy valve cover

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 21:27:32 MDT 2013

Unlike the factory cover the alloy doesn't have little pinch channels to
hold the gasket in place.  You need to hold the gasket in place on the
cover.  Here is what I have done in the past and had it work.
I would use a gasket cement like Gaskacinch to hold the gasket to the
cover. When that is dry and ready I  would smear a light coat of RTV
silicone on the exposed face of the gasket.  Assuming you have the mating
face on the head clean this should seal with minimal pressure from the
thumb screws.
Rick