[Mgs] 1971 MGB front pulley split, any advice on replacement?

Simon Matthews simon.d.matthews at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 00:01:26 MDT 2013

In the end, it required very light encouragement from a puller. I suspect
that if I could have got more traction on it, a puller would not have been
required.

To get the bolt loosened, I used the breaker bar resting on the front
fender (with some wood and lots of padding) trick. By the time I had the 1
15/16 socket and  a 1/2  to 3/4 socket adaptor on the end of my impact
wrench, it would not fit in the space.

Putting it back together, I used anti-seize compound on the shaft/pulley
(but NOT on the bolt) so that it should come apart easily  in the future.

Simon