[Mgs] Mounting bolt for s.u. fuel pump

Barney Gaylord barneymg at mgaguru.com
Sat Jan 19 15:34:11 MST 2013

The part is AJD6155Z -- Screw, pump to bracket
Hex Head, 1/4-26-BSF X 5/8

BSF is the fine thread series of the BSW 55 degree Whitworth
threads.  All of the fasteners and fittings in the SU pump are BA,
BSF or BSP.  It is a throwback to pre-war design, before the Allied
countries adopted Unified thread standards for the war
machinery.  They continued making the same fuel pumps after the war,
so the threads did not change to Unified standard.  The Auster
windscreen frame and many of the electrical parts are like that.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com