[Mgs] Mounting bolt for s.u. fuel pump

RANDELL KEGG randell_kegg at msn.com
Sat Jan 19 15:22:21 MST 2013

Jim,The bolt that you need is a is a whitworth bolt. That is why you are
having problems. For some reason SU continued to use some whitworth fasteners
long after it was being phased out by MG.

Randy Kegg

> To: zmagnette at mgcars.org.uk; mgs at autox.team.net
> From: schultejim at msn.com
> Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 16:39:36 -0500
> Subject: [Mgs] Mounting bolt for s.u. fuel pump
>
> Folks,
> I am having trouble finding a bolt that will attach to the s.u. fuel pump
which in turn will attach to a bracket on the MG. I have tried fine thread and
course thread and none seem to go further then 1 full turn. It looks like fine
to me but is it tapered?