[Mgs] Experiences with EBC "Greenstuff" pads?

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Tue Feb 19 04:13:00 MST 2013

No experience myself but I have read recently that the composition changed
and the new ones, like so many other things, are not as good as they were.

Mixed opinions here http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=981045
based on which I wouldn't buy them especially for a standard road car.

I've had squealing pads and shoes, a bigger problem on shoes as it happens.
In the end in desperation I swapped them between the sides and since then it
has been fine!  A smear of copper grease on the backs of the pads and shims,
and where they contact the calliper, is usually fine for the pads.  I had a
pair of pads on one side crumble when the calliper pistons stuck, changed
the callipers, discs and pads in that case.