[Mgs] bad cam diagnosis

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Mon Feb 18 01:20:33 MST 2013

In that case it could have been lack of hardening of the gear.  I saw
camshafts being made at Longbridge some 40 years ago.  After a couple of
bangs from a huge 'hammer' some 30 feet high it was dropped in a 'bin' that
induction-heated the relevant bits to yellow hot in about 3 seconds, then
chucked in a cage with hundreds of others.  Cranks were even more
impressive - three bangs to a plain billet and there you were.