[Mgs] bad cam diagnosis

Barney Gaylord barneymg at mgaguru.com
Sun Feb 17 20:36:49 MST 2013

Holy crap.  It must have wiped out the dizzy drive gear and the oil
pump drive gear in a similar manner.  You're lucky it didn't lose oil
pump drive before losing distributor drive, in which case it would
destroy crankshaft and con rods.

I have not personally seen this before, but apparently it happens occasionally.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com