[Mgs] Poor start

Paul Root ptrmgb at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 08:14:32 MST 2013

It would be the usual diagnostics. Start at the coil and make sure you are
getting spark to all cylinders. Put the timing light on each wire in turn.

Check timing. Check continue of the points. Check the cap for cracks, etc.

Check gas getting to the carbs. Check the needles move freely, choke is
working, check for air leaks. Check the condition of the plugs and re-gap.

Check the condition of the ignition relays. I had one burn out on me a couple
of years ago, and I tore apart my whole ignition system looking for it,
including pulling out a new dizzy that I thought may have been defective.

They say 90% of fuel problems are ignition and 90% of ignition problems are
fuel. I say 90% of my problems are things I "know" are "right". :-)

Is Missouri clear enough to drive the MG? I'm jealous.

Paul.

Sent from my iPad