[Mgs] [Mg-t] Distributor

Richard Lindsay richardolindsay at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 17:20:18 MST 2013

What a topic, Paul!

I wonder which cars will be the classics of tomorrow - if any. We just
had this discussion over on a Ferrari list. The general opinion is
that the last Ferrari that will be a classic is the 328GTB or 328GTS.
Those are the last cars that have limited electronics in the fuel
injection and ignition. After that, the cars use limited production
unique computers.

Consider this: If your Toyota computer fails, there are original AND
aftermarket parts to repair it. That's because they sell MILLIONS. But
what will one do when one gets in a limited production 360, 458 (or
similar) and presses the 'START' button ... and nothing happens?! You
may just have discovered a really expensive parts car! Say it can't
happen? Try to buy a simple MAF for a 1999 348GTS. Used ones go for
over $600 and new ones are NLA. And the 348 uses TWO of these
expensive little buggers!

Perhaps I'm just old and grumpy but I just think the classic car hobby
is to have only one future outcome: The classics get older and more
costly, without replacements following them. In my discussions with
brokers, the general opinion is to hold on to your classics because
they're going to climb in value. Seven of my nine cars fit this
definition! The other two are daily drivers...

-rick

> It's getting chilly up here in Minnesota too. So cold my 16 year old actually wore a jacket to basketball practice.
>
> Tomorrow, high of -4F. He may even button the jacket up then.

I didn't grow up in Houston so I understand! The confusion seems to
abound. I like cold weather. I don't like to be cold. Folks here seem
to assume that one is the same as the other. :-P

Happy Monday! I'm now 63 years and one day old!

-rick