[Mgs] Top installation

mgbob at juno.com mgbob at juno.com
Fri Aug 30 06:04:22 MDT 2013

   John Twist writes about the top bar glueing in the Sept/Oct issue of MGB
Driver. He says to wrap and glue the rear fabric around the bar, then when
dry, wrap and glue the front fabric.
    Vinyl adhesive from hardware store may be the cheapest effective glue.
    I didn't glue it, though. The bar must be at the sem to achieve the
correct profile, but I used a light cord on each side to position the bar.
The bar can then move when folding, and the top folds slightly tighter.
    Tell us more about the floor paint, why you chose the one you did, and
about concrete preparation, please.
Bob