[Mgs] Yay Moss - lighting upgrade report

Max Heim mvheim at sonic.net
Tue Aug 27 12:31:34 MDT 2013

They are part #170-905, listed in the MGB catalog as "bulb, front side
lamp", replacing a #57 bulb. But they are far too long, at least for an
original Mk.1 socket and lens. I notice Moss now only sells a replacement
lamp unit, which they say uses different mounting holes -- I suspect it may
also be different in other respects (in this case, depth).

Photo comparison here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mvheim/9607011135/

Note how even the socket section is slightly longer. The bulb part is not
even close.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149