[Mgs] Selling autos on Ebay

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Mon Sep 17 07:46:34 MDT 2012

Dave,

Getting cash in the bank does not save you from scammers.  Banks post
your "purchaser's" cheque to your account - so you reckon you have
the cash.  But the bank can take up to three weeks to clear the
cheque with the "purchaser's" bank.  They then find the cheque is a
phony.............so they deduct the cash from your account
!  OUCH.  The only way is to get your bank that THEY have got the
money against the cheque.  In Canada a US cheque will usually take 3
weeks to clear.   Of course, the best way is get the purchaser to use PayPal