[Mgs] Selling autos on Ebay

Dave dave at ranteer.com
Sun Sep 16 10:49:47 MDT 2012

I have listed and sold vehicles on ebay.  whenever I list anything, I always
put in something to the effect:  scammers don't bother - this item is not
going anywhere until my bank assures me the cash is in my account.

that has so far prevented those kinds of experiences.

most recently I listed a vehicle (72 VW convertible that I had run across
being sold by a friend of a friend way too cheap) and I got a call from
arizona (I'm in dallas).  he was offering to make the deposit via paypal,
and was going to bring me the cash if I would take down the listing.  he
paypal'd me the $$ so I was still ahead taking down the listing.  he brought
me cash a few days later and the car is now in arizona.  I was skeptical and
careful.