[Mgs] Torn gaiter

Steven Trovato strovato at optonline.net
Wed Sep 5 14:42:52 MDT 2012

Simon,

I don't pump more oil in at every service.  With the front wheels off
the ground, I move the rack back and forth from full left turn to
full right turn.  I just do it from under the car by pushing on the
tires.  If I hear the oil squishing through from one side to the
other, then all is well and I don't add anything.  If the oil isn't
being forced out of anywhere and the gaiters aren't straining with
pressure during this process, then there isn't too much.  I know you
were asking Barney, and I'm sure he will respond and give my answer
the official seal of approval, or disapproval, as the case may be.

-Steve Trovato
strovato at optonline.net