[Mgs] mystery steering wheel

Councill, David dcouncill at msubillings.edu
Fri Oct 5 08:05:51 MDT 2012

A picture would be helpful. However, I do know that on aftermarket steering
wheels, they are designed for the different spline years by using different
center hubs. So you can use the same steering wheels for a 71 or the newer
rubber bumpered Bs, by replacing the center hub.

See this page from Moss Motors where they show different steering wheels and
hubs of which it looks like there were four different hub designs:

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=35369

On original steering wheels, it is possible to remove them from the center hub
as well, but I am not sure how inter changeable they might be, using a
different era hub, at least for the 70s non-spoke styles.

David Councill
64 B
67 BGT
72 B