[Mgs] Grose Jets

Max Heim mvheim at sonic.net
Tue Nov 27 10:47:08 MST 2012

I thought I just saw Grose-jets for HS4 MGB on the Moss USA website.

I have been running them for years. The needle valves kept getting clogged
with debris, probably because the original braided fuel line was
deteriorating from the inside.

The Grose-Jets don't have that problem, at least. They did have a problem
with the original floats with the long brass hinges -- at a certain engine
speed the bouncing balls set up a resonant vibration. This was fixed by
substituting the all-plastic floats.

I know, replacing all the fuel lines would have been a more direct solution.
But the threaded fitting on the feed pipe had been hacked off by a PO, and I
was waiting to fix everything at once.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149