[Mgs] Trying to Start My 58 MGA

WLHoss at aol.com WLHoss at aol.com
Mon Nov 19 09:07:41 MST 2012

Hi,

After letting my car sit for close to two years I'm making a  concerted
effort to get it running in the next week or so.  I've removed  what old gas
was in the tank and replaced the fuel filters and a  kinked section of gas
line and I seem to have good gas flow to the  carburetors (pressure gauge set
on two).  The dash pots have oil and the  choke is working properly.

It appears the points are gapped correctly and are opening and  closing.
Can someone explain or point me to something on line that  shows how to check
for spark - preferably without getting  the bit?

I tried to check the archives but couldn't bring them up this afternoon
(Sat 2 PM CST) and nothing jumped out at me on Barney's site when I  looked.

Thanks for any help,

Bill Hoss
St. Louis, MO