[Mgs] Dynamo output reverses

Barney Gaylord barneymg at mgaguru.com
Wed Mar 28 10:18:32 MDT 2012

See charging circuit here: http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/circ_c.htm
Notice ground connections inside the generator.  This is parallel
wound, meaning that both field and armature are connected between
power and ground.  If you switch the leads on the brushes it will
reverse output polarity of the armature.  My bet is the brush leads
have been switched (or brushes swapped in the holders).  When you
install new brushes, R&R only one at a time so they get connected
same as original.  This of course assumes the old ones were connected properly.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com