[Mgs] Fuel Tank Sender unit replacement

Charley & Peggy Robinson ccrobins at ktc.com
Tue Jul 31 10:21:49 MDT 2012

You're right about the gasket.  IN order from the tank out it's gasket,
sender, retaining ring. I've replaced a lot of tank sending units in my
day but the retaining ring on my '69 B was the hardest to get to turn of
all of them.  I knocked the ears off of it with a drift, had to use a
blunt chisel at the bottom of the L-bend to get it to move.  A real PITA
but the gas gauge works now!  As far as two people tapping away goes I
had trouble getting in a position where I swing my small ball peen
hammer, notwithstanding that I had the rear wheel off!

CR