[Mgs] Fuel Tank Sender unit replacement

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Tue Jul 31 03:10:59 MDT 2012

Unless you have fuel leaking in the area of the sender there really is no
need to use a brass drift, and in any case you are only tapping the locking
ring round, not trying to chisel the tank off the car, so I'd have said
there was no risk of generating a spark, I've changed or removed them five
times on two cars and not had a problem.

The other advice is perfectly valid, and two people tapping lugs round
*does* make it easier, if you have someone you are happy to snuggle up to
:o)