[Mgs] 1973 Brake system pressure warning switch

Philip Jones philip.s.jones at comcast.net
Mon Jul 23 00:15:39 MDT 2012

Hi John.

I don't think that I'm really qualified to be helpful . . . but I was not
under the impression that these can be rebuilt!  I don't know too much about
the innards, but I understand that there's a "shuttle" (maybe that's the rod
that you are referring to) that moves back and (or) forth based on which
brake circuit loses pressure.  My impression was that the shuttle was
"captive".  I didn't think that there were internal seals - I thought all
the sealing was done via the pipe threads connecting to brake lines to the
unit.  I have also heard that the replacement switches are of dubious
quality.

I ponied up and bought a new replacement assembly for my '71 Midget - it's
been serving perfectly well, but I'm sure you've seen the prices!

I look forward to learning more via your experience.  J  I bet that Paul
Hunt will provide useful information - he's a gem that way.

Good luck!

Phil

Message: 1