[Mgs] title information needed

Norman Cay normcay at volcano.net
Thu Jan 12 12:05:55 MST 2012

I am trying to get a 1953 MG TD titled in California. It has been off
the road for about 20 years and I am in need of information.
Can someone scan a California title or registration so that I can get
the correct nomenclature for the application. (I do not need names or
addresses although I would keep them absolutely confidential)

For example, the CA title I have for my Austin Healey calls it a SPTRDS
(Sports Roadster probably) who knows.

Also the Vehicle Identification Number, is it the car number on the
firewall placard or the engine No, The CA DMV does not seem to want to
help me get through this.

Thanks in advance,
Norm Cay