[Mgs] [Shop-talk] Painting inside a chassis

Max Heim mvheim at sonic.net
Thu Jan 5 12:28:23 MST 2012

I am astonished that anyone is advocating this type of application prior to
painting. It would seem to me that it would be guaranteed to cause failure
of paint adhesion at any point to which the Waxoyl could "creep" (in other
words, any horizontal or vertical undercar surface).

I suppose the "dripping" side effect is tolerable in that it is only
duplicating the ubiquitous drivetrain oil drip. It would require a much
larger area of oil-absorbing matting, however.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149