[Mgs] [Shop-talk] Painting inside a chassis

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Thu Jan 5 11:01:10 MST 2012

Eric,

Waxoyl will do the trick.  I tried it out on my MGB bare chassis - It
came in two cans one of which had the applicator and a sort of
wand.  But after a few attempts and warming the cans to get a good
flow, I got a little jaded.  When the car was on the road I took it
up to some place that claimed to be the original Krone but now better
than all the others (heard that a few times !!!).  They shoved big
long high powered wands in all over - the car that is - and all done
in 1/2 hour.  Car dripped for days (cardboard under it)  Still creeps
up the outside of the doors - and that is after 6 or more
years.   The cost difference is minimal and I am sure these places do
a better job than we can with their equipment.