[Mgs] 79B won't start

mgbob at juno.com mgbob at juno.com
Tue Oct 25 08:19:25 MDT 2011

Hi Monte,
  Yes, gasoline can go stale in six months. If it's gas that is keeping the
engine from starting, it is probably because something is gummed up and stuck.
Once started, the engine will run on the stale gas, though not well.
  Have you determined that there is gas at the main jet?  With air cleaner
removed, does the carb smell gassy?
  Have you checked for good spark by laying a connected spark plug on the
engine and watching for a spark?
  If you have a spark, you can put a few drops of gasoline into the carb, or a
tiny spray of starting fluid (tiny amount only), turn the key and hear it fire
up.
Bob