[Mgs] front hub removal problem

davewillner davewillner at pa.net
Sat Oct 22 09:47:45 MDT 2011

I'm doing a major front/rear brake overhaul today on my 70 MGB and ran into a
potential problem in removing the front hub. I have wire wheels, and when they
came off, there was no cotter pin or axle nut, instead there is a maybe 1/4''
threaded bolt of some type sticking out about an inch from what seems to be a
large metal spacer or type of washer. When I tried to remove the 4 nuts on the
hub, the entire bolt turns with the nut...

Am I missing something, is this normal or was it "tweaked" by the DPO?  Thanks

Dave Willner
Stroudsburg PA
59 TR3A
70 MGB