[Mgs] mgb engine mounting UPDATE

Peter Ryner pryner at verizon.net
Thu Oct 13 11:19:00 MDT 2011

Thanks all for your insight and information.  I checked my spare engine
yesterday and it had brackets on both sides of the foward engine mounts.
Although I already have the transmission rod I decided to take the brackets
and install on my '66 roadster.  After cleaning and painting I attempted to
install them this morning.  Found that the driver's side worked great,  the
studs are plenty long enough for the bracket and the grounding strap.
However, the studs on the passenger side mount are too short to allow
installation of the bracket.  The nuts attach but only engage about half of
the nut depth.  These are new mounts from Moss.  I decided that the rod and
one bracket on the driver's side should be sufficient especially if that is
what was used for non US markets.
Pete