[Mgs] MGA Spare Tire Cover Installation

wilkmanracing at aol.com wilkmanracing at aol.com
Fri Oct 7 23:33:01 MDT 2011

I'm about to install a Clarke Spares MGA spare tire cover.  I read the MGA
Guru information on installation and it is clear to me that the boot part of
the cover is only attached to the car at the top.  It was not clear to me,
however, if the same holds true for the carpeted part of the cover that fits
in the cockpit area.  The Clark Spares cover only has a vinyl fabric flap on
the top of the interior piece which implies it, too, only attaches to the car
at the top.  This makes me wonder, however, why the fiberboard flange
surrounds the entire spare tire opening.

Bill Wilkman
MGA
In Family Since New