[Mgs] Banjo rear axle repair

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Thu Mar 31 08:51:32 MST 2011

David,

I had endless problems with my rear axle for my MGB GT V8 but I had
new high ratio 3.07 gears.  I tried the local "transmission" shop who
said "no problem".   But when I put it in it whined.  Because I had
taken a long time to install (surprise, surprise) the shop did not
feel responsible.  I took it to a "Brit" shop who did fix it.  So my
advice is take it to a "Brit" shop who knows rear axles - It is the
cheapest way !!!   But I would look for a second hand unit from
someone like Ted Schumacher or Glen Towery.