[Mgs] Hydraulics

Paul Root ptrmgb at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 09:37:03 MDT 2011

I was under the impression that was a Triumph that was the issue with melting
seals and DOT 3. Had a friend in college with a TR4 that had that happen to
him.

The service manual for the MGB says DOT 3 or DOT 4.

On Jun 10, 2011, at 9:48 AM, Steven Trovato wrote:

> Max,
>
> I use Castrol LMA, but I wonder if this theory still applies.  Are there
really "British seals" anymore?  In Steve's case, he said he's rebuilt
replaced cylinders multiple times.  I would imagine that replacement seals are
made out of the same stuff whether for an MG or a Toyota.  Maybe we need to
figure out what works best with Chinese seals.

> -Steve Trovato
> strovato at optonline.net
>

> At 04:02 PM 6/9/2011, Max Heim wrote:
>> You might want to switch to Castrol LMA brake fluid instead of generic
DOT4.