[Mgs] brake pads

Paul Root ptrmgb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 12:55:48 MDT 2011

Yes, the pads are the same. My first thought was that they weren't, but I
confirmed that they were.

The issue is the clearance on the inside side caliper is smaller that the
clearance on the outside.

I got a new caliper because I thought the piston was the thing that was
binding, but the piston couldn't move the pad once wedged in there.

On Jun 9, 2011, at 1:42 PM, mgbob at juno.com wrote:

> Paul,
>  Are not all four pads the same?  I have a new set of Mintex pads in hand,
and they seem to be.
>  Does the calliper move easily, sliding in and out?  As there is one piston,
the pressure of the piston moves the calliper to center the assembly on the
disc.
>  Sticking of the calliper does not seem to be your question, though.
> Bob

Measuring
> they are a good .02-.03 inches wider than the stock pads I pulled out.
>
> I've sent mail to Kelvin about it, but he's on vacation (probably in his
barn
> under a car :-) ).
>
> I'm wondering if I could grind the edges (metal backing) to make them fit?
The