[Mgs] brake pads

Paul Root ptrmgb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 11:53:44 MDT 2011

I found the problem with my brakes binding up and pulling hard to the right.

It seems the Classic Gold pads I bought don't fit. I forced them in enough to
get the cotter pin in and figured it would seat itself correctly, but no, it
didn't, the inside pads got stuck, and wouldn't move in the caliper. Measuring
they are a good .02-.03 inches wider than the stock pads I pulled out.

I've sent mail to Kelvin about it, but he's on vacation (probably in his barn
under a car :-) ).

I'm wondering if I could grind the edges (metal backing) to make them fit? The
outside pads fit fine.