[Mgs] computers - off topic

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Sun Jul 31 08:04:47 MDT 2011

At least you do not suffer from Canadian inferiority
complex.  Canadians will not buy electronics/software that is
made/written in Canada.  It has to come from the good old USA or
Japan (for Japan now read China).  In my experience Canadian tech
companies opened minuscule offices in California so they could
correspond with Canadian prospects and look as if they were in
California.  I was VP Marketing with one company and we were going to
ship bits to California,assemble them there ( took 15 minutes), and
thus label them "Made in USA".  Just look what happened to WordPerfect.