[Mgs] Seat Belts

Don don at napanet.net
Sun Jul 3 01:47:08 MDT 2011

As an American, I apologize.  I think many Americans have descended
into being conservative extremist selfish macho warriors.  One of the
reasons I liked MGs, decades ago and now, was that the hobby seemed
to attract more sophisticated people than were found in the muscle
car or hot rod segments of the hobby.  The typical MG owner used to
be a pipe-smoking college professor who was a liberal and a world
traveller, more of a thinking person.  This is a generalization, but
it used to be applicable to a great extent, as most British sports
car guys were more educated, had professional jobs, were not knuckle
dragger types.  Maybe that is being too stereotypical.