[Mgs] brake pipe question

davewillner dwillner at ptd.net
Sun Aug 21 09:24:31 MDT 2011

Couple weeks ago I found a leak in my long brake pipe that goes the length of
the car from the front connector to the rear connector. I took out the old
pipe yesterday and went to install the new one only to find the fitting at the
front end was different. The pipe I replaced had two small male fittings (3/8"
nut, 1/4" ID, and about a 1/2" long thread) on each end. The replacement I got
from TRF has a larger female fitting up front which is 9/16" OD and 3/8" ID,
looks like it was meant to go into a hose?  My question is did I get the wrong
pipe from them or do I have non original fitting up front? The overall length
also seems a bit long also compared to the "original," maybe I have it
reversed and the larger fitting goes directly to the rear hose? Thanks for the
help...

Dave Willner
Stroudsburg PA
59 TR3A