[Mgs] Starter/Battery Issues Resolved

frankk12 at verizon.net frankk12 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 20 08:30:02 MDT 2011

My sincere thanks to the many of you who responded to my plea for advice
regarding my presumed starter/solenoid issues. As most of you suggested, I had
the battery tested and I discovered upon removal that I installed it in June
of either 1989 or 1999. Either way it had served me well but its time was
past. It was an Interstate and testimony to their durability.  The voltage
reading was normal but it couldn't withstand any load whatsoever. With no
Interstate dealer anywhere near my home I settled for a NAPA batter (made by
Deka), installed it and am back on the road. Those of you who recommended
battery testing prior to starter removal saved me  several days work and I am
forever grateful. That hi-torque starter in back on the parts shelf unless
someone is desperate for one.
Frank Krajewski